Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Deep Dish  (Read 9404 times)

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Deep Dish
« on: May 24, 2013, 11:14:35 AM »
Hello,

I'd like to add a nice .69 Gardner with the deep cavity if anyone should run across a nice one at a fair (or better!) price.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:22:20 PM by CWArtillery »
Best,
Carl

misipirelichtr

• Email
Re: Deep Dish
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 10:47:03 PM »
Mike, be sure to note Carl is #2 on the wish list for this one  :D    Even if I did post my request in the wrong place on the Forum.  Carl, good to see you are finally slumming with the leadheads.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 12:34:16 AM »
I can't believe with that fabulous collection I saw that there wasn't 2 or 3 of these in there!   You certainly deserve one before me.  I don't think I'll get into the minor variants any time soon but I do want to put together a minor collection of the distrinct ones used during the war.
Best,
Carl

Lowcountry83

• Email
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 09:02:58 AM »
Carl there's one listed on ebay right now. The patina isn't exactly great though.The seller has been listing a pretty good bullet collection recently. Not sure about the price on this one, but his other ones seem to be listed quite reasonably. I've got a few things from him I was very happy with.

Stephen

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 09:12:44 AM »
Yes, Jimmy, I noticed Carl tried to jump ahead of you.  Sneaky maneuver.  My guess is our very own Bill Ewing has at least one for sale here considering he's de-accessioning his collection.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 10:30:32 AM »
Stephen,

Thanks for the pointer.  You are right about that patina.  He has a normal .69 Gardner with a nice smooth patina.  Too bad this one doesn't have that patina. 

Are they as rare as the seller states and what do the people who know think I should expect to pay for a pretty decent one?
Best,
Carl

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 11:12:54 AM »
$225, they are tight.

misipirelichtr

• Email
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 07:25:19 PM »
I agree Mike; you have to watch Carl carefully.  He's picking up bad habits from somewhere.  Carl, if you want the .69 on ebay, it's yours.  I'm going to think about it for a day or two, so if it goes while I am pondering, so be it!  I will add, like Mike, I've bought several bullets from the seller and have been pleased with each one.  But mostly I'm thinking the chance to buy a couple of long sought bullets want might be around the corner - I've sent my wish list to Santa (Mr. Ewing).

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 11:03:11 PM »
Jimmy,

I'm not going to bid on it.  It is what I'm looking for and in good shape but I am very much a patina man when it comes to lead.  I'll wait till I find one with a smooth white patina.  I may be waiting for quite a while but I can always buy shells while I wait.   ;D  I may regret it when it takes me years to find one.
Best,
Carl

Bill Ewing

• Email
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 08:35:17 PM »
Nick has mine and did not add it to his collection so contact him if you want one.  I think I was asking $200 for mine.

Bill