Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: 5 Guys...  (Read 12736 times)

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
5 Guys...
« on: April 06, 2013, 08:47:11 PM »
…is not just a burger joint. 

On a flight home now after two and a half days in Mississippi and Louisiana.  Carl and I were graciously hosted by Rommack and Misipirelichtr and their better halves.  Lots of relics and good food.  Saw lots of great relics, an intense bar fight between a Clemson and an Alabama fan (and others), the Port Hudson and Vicksburg battlefields, the little Vicksburg Show and LaZouave even managed to dig a 6pdr Bormann.

I left my camera in Carl’s car so no photos from me, at least for now, but maybe someone else has some.

A fun weekend.  Thanks to our terrific hosts and Carl the chauffeur!

redbob

• Email
Re: 5 Guys...
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 09:04:35 PM »
Who won the fight?

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 09:11:18 PM »
I knew someone would ask, but I am not sure.  I think the Clemson fan did but it devolved into a scrum with a lot of broken dishes and a mass exodus of shouting dufuses. One of them got arrested so he was definitely the loser.  Also, I wisely moved behind the bar with Rommack's wife (all chivalry, of course!) lest the fisticuff's escalate to heavier ordnance.  Carl, LaZouave and Rommack are tough guys though and stayed in the front lines where the view was better (of at a minimum the 20 year old girls it was whose birthday the fight broke up).

It is worth noting that this was in Lt12pdr's home town, but he was wisely absent.

redbob

• Email
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 09:27:13 PM »
I'm glad that you all escaped unscathed. Clemson is Auburn with a lake and you really can't take an Alabama fan anywhere-I should know I have friends who are from both and I've found myself in the same situation that you were in .

Selma Hunter

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 07:36:05 AM »
Hmmmmm -

Let's see if I have this right. 

There is a bar fight between an Alabama fan and a Clemson fan, and someone who doesn't like Auburn wants to know who is the loser in that mix.  I could opine that there are three losers already in the mix, and Auburn isn't one of them, but then I'd have to know where redbob went to school. Some mysteries do linger........LOLOL!

War Eagle. 

redbob

• Email
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 08:17:58 AM »
Actually, I support any team from the State of Alabama and for question #2 Memphis State-or whatever they are calling themselves these days. And the Auburn with a lake remark came from a rabid Auburn Grad/fan.

Lamar

• Email
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 08:41:00 AM »
Did you get any photos of the 20 year old girls?

Was this one of them?

http://outkickthecoverage.com/oktcs-awkward-fan-photo-contest-introducing-bama-fans.php

redbob

• Email
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 08:53:23 AM »
Tee Hee-Tee Hee-that's a pretty good one.

The bottom line:
Boys will be boys and some of them never grow up(The combatants)
They had an enjoyable trip(5 guys et, al)
They got home safely and had a pretty good story to tell when they did(5 Guys -not the combatants).

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 10:51:08 PM »
Here are 2 of the 5 guys:

This was taken at the Port Hudson State Park museum.   Pictured are the forum members eMike123 (devious looking guy on left) and Rommack (handsome guy on right) with the gentleman in the middle being Ranger Mike.  We were delivering 5 Schenkls recently found, disarmed and cleaned to be put on display.  These are the extremely rare early ones with the iron Schenkl fuse.  It is a great museum with some really neat and rare relics to be seen.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 03:32:33 AM by CWArtillery »
Best,
Carl

Lamar

• Email
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2013, 07:30:19 PM »
You should send that picture to Sharpsburg, Petersburg, & other places where our lives have been saved by recent destruction of found projectiles, so they can see the opportunity they blew.

Here's a recent sad story...

http://tinyurl.com/btxhyab

Daveslem

• Email
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 02:08:25 AM »
Lamar,

Funny post. I think the houndstooth coat is a two piece ensemble complete with tear away blanket for those opportune times when your girl is busy texting her sister/mother. Also, I'm  pretty sure her daddy bought her the red pumps.
Later,
Dave Slemmer

Daveslem

• Email
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 02:11:53 AM »
P.S. I think the photo of eMike123 and Rommack should be sent out to everyone as kind of a warning shot.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 03:32:44 AM by CWArtillery »
Later,
Dave Slemmer

Pete George

• Email
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 11:36:51 PM »
Actually Dave, I'm delighted to "see" Rommack again, after about 30 years. Also pleased that he is quite well-preserved for a man of our age-group. Gotta be from all that healthy exercise, digging shells at Port Hudson for forty years.

misipirelichtr

• Email
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2013, 10:32:52 AM »
Is the guy on the left wearing his bathrobe, or is that how celebrities dress nowadays when they go out in public?  And Mr. George, rest assurred Ronnie still knows which end of a metal detector to point toward the ground.  He's one of the best hunters I've had the pleasure to go out with, both in terms of hunting ability and hunting comraderie.  And Carl and Mike - come back down this way anytime. Really enjoyed your visit.

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2013, 04:48:25 PM »
Trying to live the earlier life of Hugh Heffner, but no Kimberly Conrads to be found at the park museum.

It was cold there that morning and I expected Louisiana to be much warmer so all I had was my work overcoat having come down earlier in the week from KC.  Yankee blue...trying to reclaim those shells....