Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Battle of Olustee  (Read 7730 times)

Selma Brooke Gunner

• Email
Battle of Olustee
« on: February 12, 2013, 01:28:37 PM »
Hi All,
   This weekend 15-17 Feb 2013 there will be a re-enactment of the Battle of Olustee in Olustee, Florida. It is east of Lake City on I-10. This is one of the bigger events in the Southeast and always draws a large crowd both re-enactors and spectators.
   I will be there with some of my items on display for a Navy Living Histroy. If your in the area come on out and support our history and I would be interested in meeting any of the forum people. Just look for the USS/CSS Tennessee crew, we are one of two Navy crews that will be there and ask for the "Gunner".
Gordon Thrasher
Selma Brooke Study
Kinston, Al
selmabrookestudy@yahoo.com

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
Re: Battle of Olustee
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 07:42:15 PM »
I wish I could be in Florida and not Illinois this weekend.  Sounds like fun, Gordon.  Maybe the Judge, Speedenforcer (where's Jay been lately?) or Dickey Ferry will go.

All the best to you guys.

gflower

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 10:36:46 PM »
Sorry Boyz,
Got stuck working in the jail this weekend. So lay off the hooch or at least don't drive in a Duval county this weekend if you cannot. I was at the first one and many after that. Great event a must see! Gary

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 11:48:04 PM »
Have fun.  Never seen the battlefield there.  Maybe one day.

Gary: Did you get that 5.1-Schenkl that was sent your way?
Best,
Carl

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 12:29:27 PM »
sorry Mike, I have been a little absent lately, My appologies. I am sorry i missed this thread, I certainly would have went, had I known selma would have been there. Dicky doesnt go to the re-enactments much. I spoke with him today, he has been really busy with building racing engines. I really need to get back to the civil war scene, I still have my extreme love for it. I have been kinda busy watching the current political scene, I think this country is heading for trouble and I am preparing, but this is not the site for those discussions. But yall are my friends so i am recommending that people put away food, water and what ever else you may need. Times may get rough. I will be present in the forum more often now. It was good to know I was thought of. LOL. I did exchange a few e-mails with Terry aka coonboy a few weeks ago.
                                                                                                                       Jay
It's not always "Survival of the fitest" sometimes the idiots get through.