Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Fund raiser for a brother in need  (Read 7426 times)

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
Fund raiser for a brother in need
« on: September 04, 2012, 11:02:43 AM »
I received this eMail yesterday from Rafael Eledge.  Many of you probably did as well, but for those who did not, here it is.  I do not know Tank, but Rafael's note is sufficient inducement to me.  If you decide to contribute, please note the instructions toward the end of the note for how to fill in the field to direct your donation.

I have never sent out an e-mail like this before and hope to never do so again, but I need your help.

I have a very good friend that helped me in the shop several years ago, Anthony "Tank" Meeks from Shiloh, Tennessee. He is only in his mid-40's and is struggling with Lou Gehrig's Disease. Tank has had a love of history, especially the Civil War since he was a child. He has fought his disease bravely as anyone I have ever known. For the last few years he has been confined to bed and his main contact with the outside world has been through his computer. The only thing that is failing him is his body as his mind is sharp as a tack. He can no longer type with his hands and his current system worked with being able to lead the computer mouse by facial expressions. He is losing the ability to do that.

There is a new technology that will allow him to communicate with the computer though his eye retinas. The only problem is that the software and set up is about $6,000. I wish I was financially able to buy it myself but I just can't afford to do it myself. They have set up a website for donations for his help. He is one of the people that the government has cut out of the majority of his medical help and is having to pay for medicines and a lot of his care care out of his own pocket. Those funds ran out long ago.

For every $1.00 that you guys can donate I will donate 50 cents to match it up to the cost of the software.

I realize that times are hard for so many people and if you can't I completely understand. If you can give even a few dollars that would be great. Below is the link to the donations site for Tank. Under the amount it has a section for the intent of the gift. Please put "SHILOH" in the "ENTER FUND NAME" as this way the will know what it is for and that way I'll know how much to match it with.

I would not ask you guys but he is a person that if you had the chance to meet, you would call him a friend.

The Donation link is: http://tankmeeks.com/donate/

Thank you guys so much. I appreciate your help.