Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: My Favorite site is back !  (Read 5037 times)

uscs digger

My Favorite site is back !
« on: February 22, 2011, 09:44:52 PM »
Congrats on the new site and thanks Mike for hosting.

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
Re: My Favorite site is back !
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 11:21:51 PM »
Welcome Back!

I may do much of the talking here, but Carl does most of the work.  When Dean and Jim asked for help restarting the site due to the old one getting knocked out by some Chinese domain name hijackers, I knew just the guy to delegate to, my buddy Carl.  And his son Neal has had a major hand in getting it up and running as well.

Carl frequently reminds me that I am in management (hence the delegation I have perfected), but I am not so far gone into management land that I will take the credit that is due the Father/Son tag team.

Also, for anyone who cares to know.  Presently, the site hosting is being mostly paid for by proceeds from consignment sales off our website (Thank you Dave the Plumber mostly but all who have added to that part of our site, including Pete, Jack and Scott).  The hosting cost is not huge, but it may well grow as we add lots of pictures here so we may explore some options to curtail that by using free 3rd party operations like PhotoBucket.  Personally, I find the photo size limitations here to be too restrictive and want to get beyond that.  Stay tuned on this.

But, back to the topic at hand -- welcome aboard.  I see we have added some old friends in the last day or two while I was traveling in Texas.  Happy to see everyone.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 08:23:14 PM by emike123 »

scottfromgeorgia

• Email
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 05:22:32 AM »
Carl is de man. I would love to do some detecting in his backyard, just over the creek.

ETEX

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 01:42:41 PM »
Mike, what do you mean you might do most of the talking. It's hard to believe you jack your jaws more than Carl does. Thanks guys and whatever yall need to offset what your out let me know.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 05:56:57 PM »
Mike:  I have my moments where I'm verbose but mostly it's spent trying to train management so they don't mess everything up.  It's an acquired skill!

One thing that can guarantee the site stays up for a long time would be a gift of a nice 3-inch rebated Brooke!  That's what my collection really needs!
Best,
Carl

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 06:43:41 PM »
I know nuthink ???  That one separates the real collectors from the poseurs.  Anybody who owns one must be a real relic stud.

Sham, any ideas?