Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Let me at 'em  (Read 6365 times)

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email

divedigger

• Email
Re: Let me at 'em
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 06:49:42 PM »
Hogs are becoming a nuisance everywhere. We even saw one step out and back in the woods near Georgetown coming back from Charleston. Around here, Brunswick County NC, there is a huge population of feral hogs. It makes me nervous digging sometimes.

ETEX

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 01:11:51 PM »
Here is what we do with them in East Texas. I was having Christmas Dinner when the wife looked out the window and it was standing about 25 yards from the back door. That is one of the reasons I keep a loaded 30-30 at the back door. Opened the door and boom. End of story for another horrendous pest in E Texas.

alwion

• Email
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 02:53:02 PM »
There you go, patent pending. 30-30 caliber metal detector with scope. Good for Feral pigs or your buddy who just found "your shell" where you were going to look next:)  Worried while detecting, worry no more. Drum style clip available seperately

alwion

• Email
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 03:01:35 PM »
course another idea presented itself. The article said they were digging up the park. In France, some pigs are trained to hunt truffles, a hard to find underground mushroom. Now we train the pigs to hunt artifacts, they sniff them out and dig them up

Sorry sad story about the Park destruction, shouldn't make fun. Wonder if anyone is "wandering" those areas visually looking, which could be another whole issue