Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Bennett Edward Langley  (Read 3013 times)

pipedreamer65

• Email
Bennett Edward Langley
« on: April 30, 2020, 01:32:49 PM »
Bennett passed away yesterday.  Several people here knew and dealt with him over the years.  Maybe even hunted with him.  He hunted the Cape Fear area and really a good amount of Coastal Carolina on up to Little Washington and Elizabeth City.  He probably sold 2 or 3 complete collections over the years of stuff he had found.  I considered him a good friend and he helped me more than he knew, both with electrolysis questions, collection building and considerable knowledge about what he found and also what others had located.

Be at peace.

https://www.wilmingtoncares.com/obituary/bennett-edward-langly/

divedigger

• Email
Re: Bennett Edward Langley
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 09:08:49 PM »
sorry to hear this, I have been hearing stories about him for decades. He was helpful to me in my relic conservation and was always smiling when I saw him. Rest easy Bennett

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 12:10:44 AM »
I didn't know him well but certainly knew of his legacy to the hobby and community.  I did stop by his relic show on one occasion and spent a short while chatting with him.  My thoughts are with his family and friends.
Best,
Carl

Selma Hunter

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 04:50:59 AM »
Bennett was a good man. 

Godspeed.

Dave the plumber

• Email
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 07:19:54 AM »
   Bennett was definitely one of the original Wilmington \ Cape Fear area diggers collectors. He was a third partner in the Civil War Shop, which operated for years on Carolina Beach selling and buying relics with his good friend and legend, Dickie Wolfe [ also deceased].
    Bennett dug and collected a lot of artillery through the years, so we became friends quickly. He was the local 'go to' guy to get a shell drilled or run through electrolysis in his little backyard shop back in the day. It's sad to think that all the stories and knowledge he possessed passes with him.       Glad to have known you and shared time with you, my friend

Wilmington Mike

• Email
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 10:20:46 AM »
I grew up with Bennett.  We fished and detected years ago, but I did not have much contact with him in recent years.  He had been sick for a long time.  I pray for peace for the family.