Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Gettysburg Monuments  (Read 3321 times)

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
Gettysburg Monuments
« on: April 29, 2019, 12:41:34 PM »
I have a general question. I know stone sentinals ( http://gettysburg.stonesentinels.com/ ) is an excellent site with all of the markers listed with locations and coordinates I think it is said over 1300. I started listing them in a list format on Microsoft Excel with locations so I can keep track of which ones we have seen and need to see in the future. Quite a task and it dawned on me that perhaps someone may have already done that or may know someone that has and would be a gentleman and let me get a copy. Until then ill keep typing away. What adds to the work is that some units and states it appears has more than one marker so........... a lot of work. :o
It's not always "Survival of the fitest" sometimes the idiots get through.

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
Re: Gettysburg Monuments
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 08:12:38 PM »
 :( Guess not. I better get to work. LOL. :'(

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 01:50:01 AM »
I looked to see if I could find a way to dump the data from StoneSentinels for you but it wasn't obvious where it get a list of the data.  Quite a site though if into monuments and markers details.  It has a lot of great information. 

This link might save you a lot of work:
     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_monuments_of_the_Gettysburg_Battlefield
It already has a table with monument, pics, location, etc.  If you print the page it looks to be 61 pages. You can probably cut-n-paste this table to Excel and reduce the print size a lot by removing the imbedded pics.

I love Wikipedia.  It has most everything!
Best,
Carl

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 12:47:00 PM »
Thank You Carl. I will look at that option. I may just print up the 61 pages and put it in a binder and that would work. Not necessarily into all the monuments but we thought we would make a game of it and keep track of which monuments we actually lay our hands on. Our goal is to over time touch each and everyone. Wont be completed this trip I assure you.

Bryan

• Email
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 04:10:19 PM »
Speedenforcer I typed one awhile back.  It came out to just over 20 pages.  I'm old school so it's on paper not computer.  Would that help you?  If so let me know.

Bryan

• Email
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 04:26:10 PM »
I tried to post a picture but it wouldn't let me, said it was too large.

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 09:27:47 PM »
yes that would be great. enjoyed chatting earlier.