Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Civil War Navy  (Read 4399 times)

Dave the plumber

• Email
Civil War Navy
« on: February 09, 2019, 08:04:48 AM »
     all,   I have been thoroughly enjoying a, new to me, magazine called, Civil War Navy, the magazine. I had met the publishers at a CW show, and have enjoyed conversations with them. They have been putting this high quality magazine out for a few years, but it was unknown to me until I met them recently.
    This latest issue features a great article by Bill Lockridge, our Selma hunter. But the whole magazine is high quality. About 75 pages this issue. High gloss thick paper, - just a class act put out by two enthuasists. And it isn't all just navy info, there was a great article this issue on small arms, and of course tons of artillery every issue.
  Published quarterly, inexpensive and worth every moment reading it. 
check out     civilwarnavy.com                      and no, I am not a paid spokesman !  I just like these two guys and what they are doing and want them to suceed

Selma Hunter

Re: Civil War Navy
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 09:15:45 AM »
Dave,

Thanks for the compliment.

Yes, it is a quality magazine.

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 04:36:59 PM »
Thanks for sharing, Dave, and kudos to you, Bill.  I met those folks at Franklin and saw they set up at Dalton too.  I got this CS Navy plaque from them they they produced off a 3D printer.  They had a full size frame torpedo they produced on the printer also and the guy told me it took 2 weeks of printing to accomplish.

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 06:35:34 PM »
I swear I looked for 10 minutes, NEVER saw a plaque. I saw a cannon, some cannon balls a sword, but no plaque.  :)
It's not always "Survival of the fitest" sometimes the idiots get through.

Selma Hunter

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 12:00:56 PM »
Mike,

Thank you.

Bill

svedra

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 08:00:40 PM »
I was thinking about subscribing.  Thanks for the recommendation.

relicrunner

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 01:11:34 PM »
I am in 100% agreement with the Plumber. High quality magazine. I got a subscription along with a couple of back issues. Also bought a repro Coal Torpedo that they had 3-D printed.

Dave the plumber

• Email
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2019, 11:02:50 AM »
  Another great edition of this magazine came in my mail box.   Simply stated, in my personal opinion, this is a gotta have subscription for not only artillery folks , but greatly composed and great reading for any CW enthuasist. Second to none in interesting content. Incredibly well presented, on great paper.      Read the opening page editiors message this month, these guys are doing it for the massess and sharing of information - not money. Please get it and support them.

relicrunner

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2019, 02:28:32 PM »
Agreed.....Great article about the history of "big shell guns" and the guns on the Monitor