Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Charleston Show  (Read 3827 times)

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Charleston Show
« on: December 23, 2018, 11:28:57 PM »
Hello,

I'll be at the Charleston Show the first weekend in January and hope some of y'all can make it as well.  Charleston is a great city to visit and other than not being able to use the beach for sun and surf the offseason is the best time to go.  Hotels are cheaper and more available and the traffic is considerably less.  The seafood is great.  There is a lot to do and see if you like history.  The show is pretty good and getting better each year.  It is put on by American Digger and they are working to improve it each year.   Hope to see you there.
Best,
Carl

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
Re: Charleston Show
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 10:14:56 PM »
Do to personal reasons I will not be making it to Charleston (again)  :(. I believe a piece of shrapnel will be given to you for delivery. Can you get it to Dicky Ferry for me. He will get it to me upon his return.
It's not always "Survival of the fitest" sometimes the idiots get through.

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 07:54:55 PM »
Carl?

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 09:17:03 PM »
Jay:  Will do. I have them in my possession and will give them to Dickey.   Sorry I didn’t reply but I thought your question was for the forumite you got the frag from. 
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 09:18:24 PM by CarlS »
Best,
Carl

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 11:18:08 AM »
 :)  thank you. sorry I cant make it we are short handed at work and so wasn't able to get off. I will be at Gettysburg in June, or that's the plan anyway. If you havn't sold the 9" pie by then bring it I would like to see and probably purchase. if you are going that is.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 11:20:27 AM by speedenforcer »

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 09:02:33 PM »
Hello,

Just wanted to leave a reminder to bring any drilling or cleaning needed. Can be shipped back or picked up at a show. 
Best,
Carl

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 09:57:26 AM »
I won't make it this year -- I'll be going to the Bears playoff game!  I hope you all have fun in Charleston, and the show doesn't suck again this year.

jonpatterson

• Email
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 12:06:57 PM »
I hope your Bears game doesn't suck.   :)
It is history that teaches us to hope.

Robert E. Lee

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 08:04:08 PM »
Me too, Jon.  I think the Bears have sucked longer than the Charleston Show has, but things are looking up all around.  Last year there was a big snowstorm in SC that shut the CHS airport for 5 days and made getting around extremely treacherous.  As a result, nobody came to the show but the oyster roast for dealers rocked.  To top it off there was some button thievery after I left, and I hope that guy everyone suspected is banned for life.  Aside from the one bad apple, there are some great people who only come to that show that I will miss seeing.  I have 3 cousins in Mt. Pleasant and my Dad, who is here with me now for the holidays,  lives not too far away so I always like going.  Finally, surprisingly, I have never been to the Confederate Museum there.  It was damaged by Hugo which closed it for a long time and around that time I was a bit freaked out because I mistakenly walked boldly right into US Senator Jim DeMint's office looking for the museum's temporary location.  Thankfully, I wasn't Tased before I retreated.

R. J. in LA

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2018, 08:29:09 PM »
I'm sure it would not have been the first time you've been tasered Mike!  ;) Just kidding! Wishing you and your family a prosperous and Happy New Year!

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2019, 09:06:25 AM »
Being tased is no fun. THE LONGEST 5 seconds of your life.

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2019, 06:34:04 PM »
For those who went to Charleston, was it a good show?

Dave the plumber

• Email
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2019, 06:52:37 AM »
Jay,  it was definitely well attended. Over 500 people came through the door on Saturday alone. Sunday was pretty close in attendance, surprisingly. Some people said they did really well selling, others - not so much.  But, that's the way shows go. I had a great Friday selling to dealers, a slim Saturday selling to the public and then banner sales on Sunday !     You just never know ! 

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2019, 12:33:59 PM »
Well that's good. I wont miss it next year, Good Lord willing. Got my room reserved for THE BURG this June. Staying in Emmitsburg, MD.