Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: American Civil War Forums  (Read 3914 times)

scottfromgeorgia

• Email
American Civil War Forums
« on: May 30, 2018, 06:13:34 PM »
Does anyone know who has the archives of American Civil War Forums? There was a huge amount of information there that should be preserved. The site seems dead, but Bob B was running it, right?

pipedreamer65

• Email
Re: American Civil War Forums
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 07:54:04 AM »
yeah, bob b has the keys to the old homeplace.  I hope he didn't delete all that info.

Garret

• Email
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 02:00:13 AM »
Yeah, there were also a lot of hilarious moments that I would love to re-read again.  Like the time someone pretended to be an African-American re-enactor.   
"Suppose you were an idiot.  And suppose you were a member of Congress.  But I repeat myself."  Mark Twain

Roy A

• Email
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 12:53:28 PM »
I gotta stop by Bobs shop, I'll ask him about the old forum and if anything is archived.

I was sad to see it go.

gandycreek

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 06:58:40 PM »
I was sorry to see it go too. When it had to go "underground" it was all over. It needed new members to stay relevant.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 11:08:16 PM »
Just a thought without putting much thought into it  ::)  but if it is of use and Bob is willing to share it then perhaps he could send me a copy of it and I could provide it as an archive of some sort.  Roy, if you talk to him you might ask if it isn't too much trouble for you or him.
Best,
Carl

scottfromgeorgia

• Email
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2018, 04:48:20 PM »
That's a great idea - very useful since some of those old timers who posted alot are no longer with us.

Roy A

• Email
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2018, 08:11:18 PM »
Just a thought without putting much thought into it  ::)  but if it is of use and Bob is willing to share it then perhaps he could send me a copy of it and I could provide it as an archive of some sort.  Roy, if you talk to him you might ask if it isn't too much trouble for you or him.

I stopped in his shop the other day to ask but he was up in Vermont chasing GW buttons. I'll try again this week and see what the deal is and let you know.