Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Wheaton, IL show 4/28/18  (Read 2450 times)

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
Wheaton, IL show 4/28/18
« on: April 28, 2018, 10:05:01 PM »
The Wheaton, IL show today was a very good one for selling.  There was a huge line outside the door for the first hour plus after opening.  As far as buying "our" kind of stuff, it was pretty much a bust except for what we had to sell from our tables.  This may explain why sales were unusually strong at them, not just for me, but for the guys who usually join me here.  I didn't buy anything for my collection, but admittedly it is really hard to be both a shopper and a seller at the same time, and it didn't take ten seconds to figure out this would be a better selling show than a buying one.

Several forumites were there and behaved themselves as far as I could tell.

On to Mansfield!

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Wheaton, IL show 4/28/18
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 01:02:07 AM »
Wish I could have made it.  Been twice before and found it to be a good show.  Not big and only a Saturday Show but people buy.  It seems some good stuff walks in but Mr. Patterson seems to always end up with that!   >:(
Best,
Carl

jonpatterson

• Email
Re: Wheaton, IL show 4/28/18
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 01:28:45 AM »
Hey Carl,    If you aren't there, someone has to get the stuff before "Hoover" Mike does. This year most of what I found was on a table (or mostly in a box on the floor) of a seller behind me. Nothing big, just small things, 12 pnr canister baseplate, some canister balls, fuses, 3" Hotchkiss nose, a 6 pnr Bormann fuse shell frag and some books...as if I needed more of them.  See you in Mansfield in a few days.
It is history that teaches us to hope.

Robert E. Lee