Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: The I's Have It!  (Read 7213 times)

redbob

• Email
Re: The I's Have It!
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2018, 09:06:12 PM »
The Colonel had a great deal to say, very little of which is fit to print;but your motto about sums it up. PS: This was actually the second time that this had happened, the first time was when I "borrowed" her jeep to pick up a 200# Parrott shell.

Garret

• Email
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2018, 10:45:10 PM »
I was planning on buying a 15" ball from Harry.  He actually offered to crate it up and ship it to Hawaii by freight.  He said "no problem."    Then he came back with the price:  $2,000.   I still want to add one to my collection one day. 
"Suppose you were an idiot.  And suppose you were a member of Congress.  But I repeat myself."  Mark Twain

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 09:54:16 AM »
LOL. that is soooooo funny.
It's not always "Survival of the fitest" sometimes the idiots get through.

redbob

• Email
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2018, 10:04:59 AM »
To prevent a repeat of previous mishaps, she then went out and bought a Mini Cooper (which is too small to haul a tube of toothpaste, much less a hunk of iron) and would not allow me to have the keys.

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2018, 08:17:03 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

alwion

• Email
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2018, 08:16:56 AM »
long before my 1st shell,  late 80's, little antique shop in waynesville oh had 3 weird large cannon balls with 3 fuses sitting outside in the grass. not knowing anything and cannon balls should only have 1 fuse, and pre internet, took awhile to find out they were real . beside, they looked really heavy, and the car was a long way away. 2 hr drive to get there, so took a month to get back and I hurried to the store. well they were gone.looking back,  at $40 each, wish I had bought one anyway, but it was alot of money then for a guy starting a family

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2018, 05:41:32 PM »
I can relate to that. shoot we all can probably. On that subject, If you know Steve Mullinax's code you can decipher when and how much he paid for his artifacts. I've seen some prices that would make you cry, wishing you could go back to that time period.