Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Charleston show  (Read 3044 times)

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
Charleston show
« on: January 06, 2018, 07:40:28 PM »
I thought there was thread already started that I could add to but didn't see it. Dicky tells me there is a lot of snow. Can someone post a picture so I can show my wife. I told her we should have went this year. 1st we missed in a few years.
It's not always "Survival of the fitest" sometimes the idiots get through.

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
Re: Charleston show
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 04:59:11 PM »
There were 5.4" at the Charleston airport which closed from Wednesday until this morning  I hope we don't get invaded during a snowstorm because it is a joint airfield with the military and only in the last day did they manage to open one runway.  I didn't take any pictures because I had both hands tightly gripping my steering wheel every time I went out on account of the conditions and incredibly stupid drivers, thousands of whom have crashed their cars by now.

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 07:09:06 PM »
well hopefully with the conditions they couldn't get to fast so maybe no injuries with those probable signal 4's

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 11:55:45 PM »
Well the show was better than might be expected given the weather conditions.  There was still a lot of snow everywhere and other than main roads the shady spots had lots of ice on them.  But with a little careful driving it wasn't a problem.  I can't say the crowd was good but some people did come out to the show.  I sold better than I expected and even picked up a few things.  The best things to me that I picked up was a few neat frags and near the end of the show I got a solid shot ball (about a 6-lber) that was found on Daniel Island across the Cooper River from Charleston.  I just got home so still have to weigh and measure to see what it is later.

As always it was good to seem some forumites there.
Best,
Carl

gflower

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 08:45:11 PM »
Some how I always have something going on during that weekend. I am either in Charleston the week after the show or the week before. However I am getting closer to getting there. The wife and I were celebrating our 25th in a little cabin on the Edisto last week. Got there New Year's Day and got snowed in until Friday. The only relic on display was me! Happy New Year Boys. G

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 10:16:26 AM »
That's funny Judge.