Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Civil War Shows  (Read 4837 times)

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
Civil War Shows
« on: October 28, 2017, 05:38:23 PM »
Ok guys here is an interactive pole. In you opinions which are the best shows. some places such as Gettysburg have 2 shows so that will be counted as 2, a fall show and summer show etc. any way I know different shows have different traits. Charleston for my observation is heavier in relics and some are heavier in guns etc. Anyway on a scale 1-5 with 5 being the best fellers, can yall grade in your opinion the different show and add why you graded as such.
It's not always "Survival of the fitest" sometimes the idiots get through.

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
Re: Civil War Shows
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 11:34:10 PM »
Without getting into all the requested level of granularity and in no particular order, the top Civil War relic shows for me are Franklin, Mansfield, Dalton, Marietta, the 2 Richmond Shows and the NVRHA Fredericksburg show.  I have not been to all of the others such as the Gettysburg or new Maryland show.  I don’t want to offend anyone by not mentioning theirs as well because there are many others of course that are also good.

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 08:10:04 AM »
 It never came to mind the possibility of offending one of the show organizers. Maybe this wasn't the smartest thread. Admin, please delete if appropriate to do so. I was meant as an educational thread but I can see where it could be taken the other ay.

njdigger

• Email
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 06:09:14 PM »
I am mostly a bullet collector. I went to the Gettysburg show Sat. and came home with 4 bullets, so it was a decent show. Went to the show last year and came home with nothing, not a good show. So, depending on what I am looking for it could go either way. I don"t like to spend top dollar on a bullet I look for the better deals. If money was not an issue I could pick up a lot at any show. I do like the Fredericksburg and Richmond shows the most. I always come home with some nice pieces. I have been to the Maryland show and came home with 1 bullet on 2 visits. It is mostly a modern gun show so not such a good show for me. I guess what it comes down to is if you have the time and money to lay out for the travelling and food take a chance, you never know what you will find.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 03:48:20 AM »
My likes are pretty much in line with Mikes other than the order:
- Franklin
- Dalton
- Marietta
- Mansfield
- Fall Richmond
- Summer Richmond
I have Mansfield lower because I tend to not find as much for me there and the show has less dug stuff at it.  But it is a great show.  There are lots of other good shows but the ones above are higher on the list for me because they tend to have more dug stuff, more artillery, etc.  Some of the other shows are very good too and I'm not knocking them but these tend to have more tables and better turnout.
Best,
Carl

Jim T

• Thomas Publications
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 04:34:20 PM »
The Autumn Gettysburg show is the best... duh...

jonpatterson

• Email
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2017, 09:27:05 PM »
So far I have only been to Wheaton, Mansfield and Franklin. Hoping to add Dalton to the list this next show. Franklin edges Mansfield out for my favorite and I always spend plenty at both. Wheaton is in a totally different, much smaller category, but worthwhile to me being only 45 minutes from home. Pretty much all dealers and no diggers.
It is history that teaches us to hope.

Robert E. Lee

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 05:50:33 AM »
Regarding:
               The Autumn Gettysburg show is the best... duh...

It was very good.  The hosts were great!  I've enjoyed it both times I've been there and will be back whenever I can.

Best,
Carl

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 01:02:29 PM »
LOL

alwion

• Email
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 01:33:04 PM »
any show you can get to and find a deal

moreb

• Email
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 02:10:36 PM »
Living in the upper Trans-Miss I can only justify going to Memphis and Franklin.  I always enjoyed the Nashville show the best. Franklin is good. However I hear a lot of complaints about the stairs. I'm not that old or crippled up yet. Not that I haven't tried.

I usually buy books, detectors and accessories. I still think I'm going to dig what I want and  can't justify paying for it......yet!

Looking forward to Franklin next weekend.
Keith Daleen
Sedalia MO