Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Question for the Gettysburg BF/Gettysburg movie experts.  (Read 4473 times)

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
Question for the Gettysburg BF/Gettysburg movie experts.
« on: August 20, 2017, 10:03:09 PM »
I was watching THE Gettysburg movie again this afternoon for the 100 zillionth time since its release, but the first time since my first visit to the battlefield in June of this year. I was wondering, the scene at the field hospital where Longstreet goes and visits Hood, is that the red barn at the Spangler house. many similarities, but some differences also. maybe the differences can be explained since it has been 24 years since the movie was made. This is also the scene where Longstreet meets with Harrison again with instructions to scout out the right where Hood was wanting to attack.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 10:04:33 PM by speedenforcer »
It's not always "Survival of the fitest" sometimes the idiots get through.

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
Re: Question for the Gettysburg BF/Gettysburg movie experts.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 10:52:37 PM »
Never mind, a little research and I found it. south of town near marsh creek off of pumping station road

Jim T

• Thomas Publications
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 03:27:28 PM »
That is the location of the re-enactments here.  About a half mile past the Sach's Mill covered bridge.

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 08:23:11 PM »
The barn used in the move where Hood is in the field hospital, is that the same barn seen in the beginning immediately before the woman tell Chamberlain "I thought the war was in Virginia"

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 08:24:26 PM »
also other than devils den which is obvious, what other actual battle field sites are used in the movie

Roy A

• Email
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 05:26:06 PM »
I think some scenes were shot on Little Round Top. One of the monuments was covered with netting to try and hide it during filming. Also, some of the Pickett's Charge scenes were shot on the actual battlefield. I heard that you can tell the difference from lookign at the sky. In some scenes it more clear and others  a little overcast.