Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Marietta Show  (Read 4473 times)

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Marietta Show
« on: August 04, 2017, 09:57:53 AM »
The Marietta Show is just a bit over a week away and I can't wait.  This show is always one of the top shows.  We're going to have some great artillery there.  I know a number of other forumites will be there as well with some artillery, bullets, etc. as well.  I hope anyone who can make it will come by and visit.
Best,
Carl

Dave the plumber

• Email
Re: Marietta Show
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 07:19:11 PM »
does anybody coming to the Marietta show have an extra tap, or thread chaser, for the CS paper time fuze adaptors, and for the Parrott percussion fuze and paper time fuze adaptor ??  I'll gladly buy these....   David

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 11:45:07 PM »
Very nice show as always.  Crowd very good on Saturday morning.  I had lots of very good conversations on artillery; more than normal I'd say, which was nice.  I'll follow up on the forum with some of them when I get a chance.  Decent amount of artillery there and I heard of a number of bullet sales  One dealer told me he sold about 5000 bullets by Saturday night that were in a big collection he recently bought.  We got a decent amount of disarming brought to us as well.  Of course the BBQ dinner the sponsoring relic club, North Georgia Relic Hunters Assoc. (NGRHA.com) provided as always on Saturday night for table holders and their families was great and well attended.  This is certainly a show I'd recommend in the future.  As always, the best part of the show is the time spent with friends with common interest.  The negative for me was I didn't find or missed out on things for my collection.  One of the few shows that has happened.  Mike had some wonderful large shells I was salivating over so that is still an option.  I did get a number of things for resale.
Best,
Carl

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 11:24:46 AM »
Now you know how I felt at Richmond when you Hoovered up all the goodies!  This time I picked up 4 things for my collection which I will post sometime in the future.

It is tough to have a table and be a buyer too.  And of course, you are a friendly fellow who chats with everyone while less nice people like me go shopping!

I like this show and the people there a lot, but this time there was more junk than I remember seeing. There was a time when they threw people out of this show for selling non CW things like jewelry, but there were bumper sticker people and much more insidious vendors of crap.  Maybe if that guy didn't talk so much over the annoyingly loud PA system and instead policed the tables, we wouldn't have had to burst so many balloons of people bringing us fence post finials, egg shaped "cannon balls," and fake ring gauges, etc.  I am getting out of the free advice business after too many people asked for an opinion of something then argued when they didn't like hearing the answer.  Of course, the big "12" stamped in the round metal ball means it was made in 1812...

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 03:46:00 PM »
 ;D That was funny
It's not always "Survival of the fitest" sometimes the idiots get through.

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 07:02:36 PM »
Here are the two 3" Read shells I picked up at the show.  I think these were my only keepers.  I am a sucker for these early marked ones.

divedigger

• Email
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 07:42:11 PM »
oh yeah,very nice