Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Thank-you to the Veterans at this forum  (Read 4247 times)

Pete George

• Email
Thank-you to the Veterans at this forum
« on: May 29, 2017, 08:56:52 PM »
  Here's a public thank-you-very-much to all the forum members who are Veterans of the Armed Forces.  I realize there's a Veterans' Day holiday specifically for that, but I think Memorial Day is also a particularly appropriate time to express Remembrance and Gratitude to each of you for your service.

Remembrance and Gratitude also to each of you who are a Policeman or Firefighter, because you too risk your life in service to the American people.

May God bless you always,
Pete George

gflower

Re: Thank-you to the Veterans at this forum
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 09:23:56 PM »
Well said Peter. Thank you. Gary

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 12:20:26 AM »
A tip of the hat from me as well to all past and present military members.  A big tip of the hat to those on the front lines.  Much appreciated as well to those who protect us at home as it is much like being on the front lines at times.

May we never forget those who lost their lives protecting us or fighting for what is right in one way or another.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 10:55:18 AM by CarlS »
Best,
Carl

Garret

• Email
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 03:02:07 AM »
Amen Pete.  Couldn't have said it better than that.   If not for those who died defending our country and those that currently serve we would not have the freedoms we all cherish today. 
"Suppose you were an idiot.  And suppose you were a member of Congress.  But I repeat myself."  Mark Twain

R. J. in LA

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 11:11:08 AM »
Well stated by all!

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 08:15:31 PM »
Very well said gentlemen. I too appreciate the sacrifices of our servicemen and service women. Lets also take a minute to remember the sacrifices of the spouses and children that you know were going through a lot of hard times both financial and emotional while their loved ones were and are away. I cannot imagine what it was like for the young wives, mothers, children, and yes fathers of our soldiers who were away, especially in a war zone. Just waiting for but hoping not to receive that telegram had to be a dreadful experience. Regrettably I did not go into the service.
As for the comments about police and firefighters, I actually am both and its an honor to serve but it does not nor should it compare to our great men and women and yes sometimes boys who served in combat 1000nds of miles away, or in their back yard come to think about it.
It's not always "Survival of the fitest" sometimes the idiots get through.