Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Collecting Software  (Read 3416 times)

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Collecting Software
« on: May 13, 2017, 08:34:35 PM »
We try to keep the forum free from being a place to sell stuff and allow it to be a place of sharing ideas and getting questions answered.  So I post this here because there has been a few discussions on how to inventory a collection.  A software developer that I met at the Atlanta Show a few years ago, Will Adams, is also a collector and decided to write a package to do this and it is now ready for public use.  He decided to do it cloud based (meaning the data is securely stored on a server in the internet for easy access by you).  The item details and images are available at home on your PC, on your phone or anywhere else you have internet access. This tool is called Relic Record. It allows you to catalog images and lots of specific data for each item in your collection. Then you have access to it wherever you need it.  There is a monthly charge of $4.95, $8.95 or $12.95 for the service that best fits your needs which depend on how large the collection is and the need for certain functionality.  But nearly all the basic needs are covered in the entry level price.  To learn more, click on the link "Relic Record" on the left side of our home page at bulletandshell.com.  Will is a nice guy and spent a long time making the software robust and usable.  I think you like it and if your PC crashes you won't lose any collection information.    :)
Best,
Carl