Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: See You In Dalton!  (Read 5200 times)

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
See You In Dalton!
« on: January 19, 2017, 04:12:13 PM »
I hope everyone can make it to Dalton (Feb 4th and 5th). It is always a good show with good buying, good selling and a good crowd.  We normally see a lot of the forum members there which makes it a great show.  We have two tables and working to get a third.  I might have to get DavethePlumber to move outside so I can get the extra table.  :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 04:22:06 PM by CarlS »
Best,
Carl

Selma Hunter

Re: See You In Dalton!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 08:15:20 AM »
Carl,

We are planning to be there.  Don't know where in the building but we have a table and a room.

Dave the plumber

• Email
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 07:09:08 PM »
rumor has it, now that Carl's Atlanta pigeons are in the super bowl, he won't be needing the extra table because he wants to keep his wares to a minimum so he can pack up quick and get home on Sunday  to watch  their victory in Houston !!   Is this true Carl ??

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 09:11:17 PM »
I'll be rooting for them in spirit but my hobby interests in life are Civil War relics and baseball and Scuba diving and water skiing and annoying Mike.  So there will be lots of tables and as many relics as I can scrape up to bring to the show.  Were it the Braves playing I'd likely not even come to the show or would at least be holding a party for those interested.   But I know Atlanta is starved for a football champion.  Falcon's have been here 51 years and they only played in the Super Bowl one other time and got embarrassed then.  Different team this time around.  So for the football fans around here I'm hoping for the best. 

I've only ever been to one NFL game and that was in 1966 when my granddad came to visit us in Georgia and took me to a game the opening season for the Falcons.  One of those fond memories to always look back on.
Best,
Carl

Dave the plumber

• Email
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 06:36:33 AM »
well let's hope the New England Thugs don't roll them up  like they did to our Carolina pussy cats last year. Embarrassing performance.     It isn't fun when a team dominates year after year after year.  In Nascar, Jimmie Johnson won so much that they were loosing attendance at the races and income from collectables they sell so much of.  Fans lost interest. Nobody wants to follow or root for a team they know won't win.

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 09:17:28 PM »
well just to add my 2 cents worth, Since the whole kneeling for the National Anthem fad came in, I and most of my friends and family have totally boycotted anything to do with the NFL. I haven't watched a game, haven't talked about them until now, will not even watch the super bowl. and until now didn't even know who was playing. I am assuming based on this thread that Atlanta and New England are playing.
It's not always "Survival of the fitest" sometimes the idiots get through.

Selma Hunter

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 02:46:56 PM »
Can't remark on NFL - don't watch it anymore. 

We had to cancel our Dalton plans due to health issues.  Nothing critical.  Just not good idea to travel at this point.

Have a great time, guys!

Bill

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 08:29:04 PM »
Of course if anyone needs any cleaning or drilling this is a good time.

Sorry you won't make it, Bill.  Would have been good to see you.

Go Falcons!
Best,
Carl

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 05:07:49 PM »
Really great show in Dalton.  Shows have been good lately and this one didn't disappoint.   Sales were brisk especially with the medium priced items for me.  Bought some good items for resale.  Negative is that I was too busy to get around much and didn't get anything for my collection.  I always like to find something for since friendships aside it is about the collection.

Eating at Schlotsky's in Dalton and about to head home to hopefully watch a Falcons win!
Best,
Carl

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 07:50:14 PM »
ok guys what goodies did every one get ;D
It's not always "Survival of the fitest" sometimes the idiots get through.