Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Shenandoah Valley Bullets  (Read 3909 times)

John M. Brooke

Shenandoah Valley Bullets
« on: December 21, 2016, 11:44:11 PM »
Just picked up a few local bullets from an old diggers collection here in the Shenandoah Valley.
The man kept meticulous records and included recovery locations on every find. All are in good
dropped condition and with recovery locations rarely seen. Included are the battles of Waynesboro, Port Republic,
McDowell, and Fisher's Hill. It seems most are common bullet types but if anything jumps out at you let me know.

pipedreamer65

• Email
Re: Shenandoah Valley Bullets
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 11:10:59 AM »
Agreed, the Jackson 1862 sites you really don't see much available from.  Nice!

Jine

Re: Shenandoah Valley Bullets
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 12:19:17 PM »
Way cool Scott, I'm glad you nabbed those. A Waynesboro round in particular is plenty hard to come by. I saw some of that same collection perhaps at the site of your purchase, a few miles west of Jackson's Mount Meridian HQ and prayer tree(?).

Fisher's Hill is still producing, though drops are rare:

In our past correspondences I never put your username and my birthplace together, shame on me- the hospital of my origin overlooks the site of Fort Brooke (Tampa), where John was born and name after his father. I have a number of artifacts from the fort and from a blockade runner burned upriver during a Yankee raid in 1863. 

Thanks for sharing that collection, and we still need to get together!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 08:16:00 AM by Jine »
"Let every man serve God daily, love one another, preserve your victuals, beware fire, and keep good company." -- Admiral Sir John Hawkins (1532-1595)