Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Last 2016 Show: Franklin  (Read 6367 times)

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Last 2016 Show: Franklin
« on: November 16, 2016, 06:35:44 AM »
Well, now that the Richmond Show is behind us the only show left in 2016 (that I know of) is the Franklin Show and it is certainly one of the largest and best.  I'm really looking forward to it.  We always see a great number of our forum friends there and hope to do so again this year.  It seems I always find something for the collection there as well.

Mike and I will have 4 table there with deals galore.  As we increased our table count we may be moved but hopefully will be in the same area.  Please come by to chat, sell that relic you might be ready to let go of or pick up something for Christmas.  As always it is a good time to drop off something for cleaning or a shell for inerting.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 09:33:01 AM by CarlS »
Best,
Carl

John M. Brooke

Re: Last Show: Franklin
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 01:41:42 PM »
Carl,

I am planning on attending this show for the first time.
Can you suggest some good places to eat and any sights I should check out.

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 01:44:07 PM by John M. Brooke »

jonpatterson

• Email
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 08:56:37 PM »
I will be attending the Franklin show also. Looking forward to seeing any forumites. I will have a table on the lower level along the wall near the steps closest to Mike and Carl's old location (if changed) next to David Noe's table/display likely on either European guns or bayonets. Stop and say Hi.
It is history that teaches us to hope.

Robert E. Lee

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 09:01:15 PM »
I'm not the best guide for the area as I only visit it once a year and am pretty consumed by the show so only venture out a little.  That said, if you've not been to the town and battle area of Franklin then I'd suggest it first as it is close.  There are a couple house museums that are pretty good.  And of course Nashville, which is about 20 miles north has it's own Civil War sites and the famous music row which is a lot of fun if you like music and bars.  We often get up just north of Franklin for BBQ at Corky's BBQ.  Typically doesn't have a wait but the food is very good for the money.  And for a more intense Civil War experience there is the Stone's River National Battlefield Park which is about 30 miles east of Franklin around Murfreesboro.  I'm sure some others on this forum can suggest some better and more out of the way places.  Google tends to be a big help in a pinch as well.
Best,
Carl

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 12:03:10 AM »
I like Franklin a lot -- nice little town and some very good restaurants.  I have visited the Carnton Plantation and it is worthwhile.   I have not been to the Carter House, the other "house museum" Carl mentioned.

John M. Brooke

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 01:11:09 AM »
 Thanks Mike and Carl, I will make sure to stop by your table and say hello. The "Shot put" police are always on duty! ;D

Selma Hunter

Franklin Show
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 01:43:02 PM »
All,

Not that is is much of a miss for others but we have had to cancel our plans for attending the Franklin Show.  One of our group has to stay home and deal with family health issues so we have re-set our Bucket List to Dalton in February.  Several of you had asked and I'm sure we stated to others we were coming, but alas...!

Perhaps we can catch up some at Dalton.

VBR,

alwion

• Email
Re: Franklin Show
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 06:57:17 AM »
Unless there are changes, I'm planning on going saturday

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Last 2016 Show: Franklin
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 09:35:07 AM »
Bill,

We'll miss your company and great conversation but Dalton isn't far away and we won't have to wait long.  Sorry to hear about the family health issues and hope they pass soon.
Best,
Carl

Lowcountry83

• Email
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2016, 05:28:47 PM »
I plan on attending the show on Saturday. It'll be my first time to Franklin and I don't doubt it will be worth the drive. Hopefully I'll find some good deals and get to meet some more of you guys. Looking forward to it.

Stephen

Selma Hunter

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2016, 05:52:05 PM »
Carl, 

I'm still chuckling!  I sure hope that the "family" health issues DO NOT "pass" soon, or at least any sooner than  is absolutely necessary. 

We hope to have Catesby with us for at least a day and a half in Dalton.  We will try to have a table to begin sale of high value library titles and finish off the miscellaneous lead, some rare cartridges, etc. 

Good to see the turnout for Franklin in shaping up!

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2016, 06:30:24 AM »
Sorry about that. Sure could have phrased that better.  Hope all becomes good!
Best,
Carl