Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: November Richmond 2016 This Weekend!  (Read 4998 times)

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
November Richmond 2016 This Weekend!
« on: November 06, 2016, 02:51:39 PM »
Hello,

The 2016 Richmond Show is about on us as it'll be this weekend (11/12 thru 11/13).  I know a number of forumites will be attending including Mike and myself.  We downsized to one table this year but it will be piled high with a good variety of great items.  If you have any cleaning or inerting that needs done this is a good time to deliver.  I hope if you can make the show that you can drop by and say howdy.  It is always good to talk to everyone.
Best,
Carl

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
Re: November Richmond 2016 This Weekend!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 05:15:24 PM »
I am pleased to say we will have a new location this year at Jack Bell's former table in the middle of the show hall.  I won't be there long  8) so please stop by first and say hello!

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 11:41:55 AM »
Excellent show with lots of sales and a few acquisitions.  I picked up an Archer fuse which is the exact one shown as #21 in M&M.  I also got a 7in mill base Brooke and the original box it came in.  :P

The show is still going and I left midday yesterday.  Saw lots of forumites and apologies if I neglect to list any, but these included the David W, David K., Pete, Carl, Steve Sylvia, and David P.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 01:40:53 AM »
Just got home!  Long drive but worth it.  Great weather and great company.  I had good sales and picked up a few things.  My best pick up was a 3-inch Brooke shell that has been living for a number of years in the Richmond area but was originally found near my house having been fired from the Kennesaw Mountain lines.   Was good to bring it back home!  I also picked up a 13-inch Rev War mortar embossed with "Trelon" and the fleur-de-lis.  It was one of those found in a river dumping near Yorktown.  it is nice in that it nearly has both big lifting handles on it; one is complete while the other is missing about 1 inch. 
Best,
Carl

alwion

• Email
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 06:58:22 AM »
EXCELLENT

divedigger

• Email
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 09:07:33 PM »
pretty fun show, talked to a lot of good folks and had a good time.