Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: I think if the Cubs get to the Series  (Read 6263 times)

misipirelichtr

• Email
I think if the Cubs get to the Series
« on: October 21, 2016, 02:12:34 PM »
Mike, being the true gentleman that he is, should throw one heck of a party for iron fanatics and lead heads!

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
Re: I think if the Cubs get to the Series
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 08:58:15 PM »
Deal!  Slemmer is keeping me posted play by play.  Having been at the Bartman game, I am too nervous to watch all the time.  I hustled home from Hurricane Matthew clean-up just in time to be fortunate enough to go to the game last Saturday which the Cubs won.  And I wore my lucky red South Carolina reverse crescent moon by the palmetto, exclusive Bullet and Shell t-shirt under a Cubs blue fleece for that winning look!

« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 09:05:09 PM by emike123 »

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 11:08:48 PM »
Good chance Mike will be throwing that party!  He's been a long time fan so hope he gets to experience the Cubs prevailing.  I can't see the Dodgers taking 2 of 2 from the Cubs in Chicago.  Will be good to see the Cubs finally make it.  Chicago should really enjoy this ride because even if the Cubs go back to the World Series again next year it will never be like the first year when the curse is officially broken.  I hope they close it out tomorrow so they can be well rested when they face a well rested Indians team.   There will be pandemonium in Chi-Town!  Last World Series for them: 1945.  Last time winning the World Series: 1908.  Maybe both counters will be reset to 2016!
Best,
Carl

jonpatterson

• Email
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 10:46:05 PM »
Looks like it will be party time at Mike's. :) ;). Way to go Cubbies!
It is history that teaches us to hope.

Robert E. Lee

misipirelichtr

• Email
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 12:02:25 AM »
In the words of the immortal Harry Carey "I'm a Cub's Fan and a Bud Man!"  Hey Steve, pass me another Bud, Man".

Could you imagine the sheer pleasure we'd all get from the series with Harry Carey and Steve Stone in the Cobs booth with an ice chest full of cold buds, and Bob Euker in the Indians box with a bottle of Jack and an attitude?

Game would not even matter; we'd be having too much fun. 

Cubs win the series in 6.  You gotta believe!!

alwion

• Email
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 09:55:30 AM »
if they win the world series, does Mike have a shell giveaway?  I'd convert

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2016, 07:29:42 PM »
Since most folks are afraid to visit me because they think they will get shot while driving in Chicago, I will buy drinks at Franklin or some other show where we have a quorum of forumites.  Not talking about the World Series though, Alan, because Cubs fans have too many superstitions and worry about jinxes, curses, plagues, floods of biblical proportions, goats, fire, brimstone, etc. should they dare think, much less talk or write, about the inconceivable.

alwion

• Email
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2016, 07:55:44 PM »
OMG if your one of those people won't wash your shirts you mentioned before so they will win, I don't want to know!@!!!!!!

R. J. in LA

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 09:41:09 AM »
Well Mike, it looks like this year's Cubs laid Billy Sianis' goat curse to rest, congrats!!

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2016, 03:39:41 PM »
Yes, I think that once the excitement of having won subsides a bit it will hit all the Cubs fans that they no longer have the curses and long losing streaks to drive their loyalty!  They'll just have to be fans because they like the Cubs.

All kidding aside, congratulations to all the Cubs fans.  It was a long wait.  And the Cleveland Indians should feel good about a good season and gallant effort in the playoffs.
Best,
Carl

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 02:11:23 PM »
Even Alexander Hamilton is excited the Cubs won!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUsaw52gGU8&feature=youtu.be
Best,
Carl