Relic Discussion > Remembering The Great Ones

John D Bartleson

(1/5) > >>

emike123:
Good afternoon Doug and friends.

As colleagues, friends and fellow EOD Brethren I thought you should know and perhaps be willing to inform the Naval EOD Association, that today, Oct., 12th at 11:25a.m. my father and fellow EOD team member past away in Va. Beach due to several health complications (kidney failure, pneumonia and congestive heart failure).

As you know my dad was a 30 Yr Navy EOD Officer who spent several tours of duty at Indian Head, MD last serving as the Assistant EOD Tng Officer and was a Plank Owner at EODGRP 2, Ft. Story VA. 
Retiring in Dec. 1984, just 18 months after I joined the AF EOD Program, Dad served as the Navy EOD Association Historian for 10 years after his retirement and was also an active member of the Mason's, serving as the master of his lodge and raising to become a 32nd degree Mason.

As know my dad has made many contributions to EOD Community, authoring a 60 Series Civil War EOD Pub, serving as the first Navy EOD Exchange Officer to the British EOD School, as well as making contributions to the Artillery Magazine.  He will be greatly missed by his family, neighbors, community, and lodge brothers and I thought I should share with his EOD brothers and sisters. 

Would you be so kind to pass along to the NEOD Association and its members that may have had the pleasure serving our Nation w/ him?

-Dad's memorial service will be Sat., Oct., 29th at 3p.m. at the Willis Fentress Lodge, 1660 Providence Rd., Va. Beach, VA 23464.

Thanks in advance and all the best to you and your family.   Vr, "Bart"

John D. Bartleson III

Steve Phillips:
I'm sorry to hear of his passing. I think the first book I read on artillery was his or Tom's. the X-rays helped me over the years.

callicles:
Rest In Peace my friend!!

alwion:
Had several long talks with him, he will be missed

redbob:
John was a man who never seemed to tire of answering my questions, regardless of how silly that they might seem and he never failed to go "above and beyond" when helping me. Rest in peace my friend and you will be sorely missed. A fair wind and a following sea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version