Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Hurricane Mathew  (Read 5632 times)

gflower

Hurricane Mathew
« on: October 07, 2016, 03:18:45 PM »
Keep us in your prayers here in Florida. We are getting pounder now as the hurricane makes its way off shore here in north east Florida. All of us are out of the beaches spread all over Florida and middle and northwest Georgia. You think my heavy meatballs will float away? Thanks in advance for your prayers. P.s. I have a cool photo of a shark swimming in someone's yard! Gary

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
Re: Hurricane Mathew
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 06:03:49 PM »
Been thinking about you today, Gary.  Hang in there, or better off skedaddle inland like my Dad on the SC coast did.

gflower

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 09:03:16 PM »
That was smart of both of us! We bugged out last night to a river house on the West Bank of the St. John's. All good, so far home my house is not underwater! Looks like they won't let us in until at least Sunday! How is your Dad? Hilton head arena now getting pounded. Is he safe? Thanks for thinking of us. Gary

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 09:23:51 AM »
Thanks Gary.  Glad you and yours are safe and your house is ok too. 

Dad is fine having evacuated early to Columbia where one of my cousins lives.  I still don't know what the situation is at Hilton Head or when he will be able to return.

Looks like our forumites up in the Wilmington area are next in line for a hit around high tide.  Good luck boys.

gflower

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 07:13:33 PM »
Hope your day gets back soon but there have been some road closures around South Cakalackie. All good at he house a neighbors fence done and lots of palm fronds to pick up but we really lucked out here. Prayers going the boys in Wilmingtons way. Hope they and families are safe. Thanks for the prayers. Gary

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 10:25:49 PM »
Was glad to hear that DavethePlumber survived the storm well other than some limbs and down trees in the area.  Hope that DiveDigger and the other locals came through without issue too but I've not heard.  I spoke to Freddie (BigIronMan) Clark's wife and she is fine but can't get to her house so not sure how it is at the moment but at least she is well.  The other artillery collectors and hunters in Charleston that I checked on came though with mostly just debris and wet yards.  I've not heard from LowCountry83 or anyone in Savannah which got hit real hard and hope they are in good shape.

Speaking of Savannah, see this on the water around Fort Pulaski:
     http://www.islandpacket.com/news/weather/hurricane/article107205027.html
Tom Dickey could boat right up to the moat now!
Best,
Carl

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 12:18:18 AM »
As some of you may have noticed Mike has been a bit quiet lately.  This is due to him helping his dad who lives on Hilton Head move back home once the bridges were reopened after Mathew.  As you can see from the picture below his dad has a very well built garage to be able to withstand the storm and support that massive oak that couldn't take the storm!
Best,
Carl

alwion

• Email
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 12:05:03 PM »
ouch