Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Ed Jones (?? - 9/14/2016)  (Read 5384 times)

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Ed Jones (?? - 9/14/2016)
« on: September 14, 2016, 09:38:43 AM »
It is with great sadness that I heard this morning that Ed Jones passed away.  Many of you knew Ed from the incredible paper documents he had at many of the shows and the card stand offering note cards with Ed's wife's amazing art work on many.  But Ed dabbled in artillery as well and has had some really nice projectiles over the years.  He was a regular at many of the shows although in the last couple years the number has dwindled due to the impact of the ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) he fought.  I'll never forget the trips down to Music Row each year while attending the Franklin (Nashville) Show.  A number of us, most of which are on this forum, would go down on Saturday night to listen to some great music, drink a few cold ones and, as it always turned out, be entertained by Ed.  I'll really miss not being able to have any more such trips with Ed but he'll always be there in spirit.  We watched over the last few years while Ed gallantly fought the ALS with a positive spirit that I'm not sure I could have mustered.  He was an unique personality and he will be missed.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 03:22:41 PM by CarlS »
Best,
Carl

Daveslem

• Email
Re: Ed Jones (?? - 9/14/2016)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 06:47:13 PM »
RIP, Ed.
Later,
Dave Slemmer

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 08:22:59 PM »
"Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth,
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings..."

- John Gillespie Magee, Jr.

divedigger

• Email
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 06:36:00 AM »
Sorry to hear about Ed. I got one of those experimental Reads from him in charleston. Super nice man. So long Ed

Dave the plumber

• Email
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 07:15:15 AM »
  Ed was a dear friend of mine. And also many folks on the forums. He was definitely an 'individual'. I hate to open the home page on the forums, and see his name there in this category.
   Trader Sean and I went up to see him in the hospital two weekends ago, and say goodbye as he was slipping hard. He was able to smile and tell us he was the 'point man' for us all, and we'd meet again .
   ALS is a horrible disease, unrelenting, and Ed had a double whopper rare form and he fought the good fight as long as he could.            Peace to you, my brother
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 07:40:31 AM by Dave the plumber »

Pete George

• Email
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 11:21:13 PM »
  I had some important conversations on Spiritual subjects with Ed Jones at recent shows. Plumber Dave, thank you very much for telling us about visiting him and especially that "He was able to smile and tell us he was the 'point man' for us all."  Some of us really need to hear that.

God bless you, Brother Ed.... see you there.
Pete G.
<><