Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Vicksburg Shows  (Read 4165 times)

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Vicksburg Shows
« on: March 21, 2016, 09:24:21 PM »
Hello,

I wanted to pass along some news I just heard on some Vicksburg Shows.  It turns out the Vicksburg April Relic Show held yearly at the Battlefield Inn has been cancelled for 2016.  The hotel was sold and is not currently open so the show had to be cancelled.  I spoke with Robert Shaffer and he plans to have the show in 2017 but there was not time to move it this year.

But there is going to be a combination American Indian relic and Civil War relic show at the Vicksburg Civic Center in downtown Vicksburg the weekend of April 30th.  The show was an Indian relic only show the last number of years and drew very well.  They've moved due to the growth to the civic center this year which has more space and are opening it up to the Civil War as there is a good deal of combined interest among the collectors.  The show is Friday and Saturday (April 29th & 30th).  For more information contact Bill Breidinger (billbreidinger@yahoo.com or 601-635-3222) or Bob Bankston (601-622-8430) for details.  I believe tables are $35 and the door is $2.  I have been to a couple shows at the civic center and it is very nice.  Unfortunately this year it occurs during the Mansfield Show.  Maybe it won't in the future.
Best,
Carl

FortDonelsonRelics

• Email
Re: Vicksburg Shows
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 10:19:54 AM »
I have also received a letter from the organizers (Pete Smith) of the Smokey Mountain Show that it will not be held this year due to similar situations. It too is planned return on 2017.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Vicksburg Shows
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 09:34:20 PM »
Thanks!  I'll update our show link to reflect that change.  For those who are not familiar I keep a list of shows at:
     http://www.bulletandshell.com/Stuff/Shows.htm
Let me know if you know of a show that should be listed that is not.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 10:09:24 PM by CarlS »
Best,
Carl