Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Dalton show next weekend !!  (Read 6703 times)

Dave the plumber

• Email
Dalton show next weekend !!
« on: January 30, 2016, 10:02:22 PM »
hate to sound like a broken record, but who is going to the show in Dalton next weekend ??    I'll be extremely loaded down with 2 tables myself.  This is a great show, a lot of different dealers and buyers show up here. If you are on the fence about going, you'll thank yourself once you are there 

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Re: Dalton show next weekend !!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 10:50:57 PM »
I'll meander up there myself.  Looking forward to seeing the gang and finding some nice relics.  We'll have some nice bullets and a good variety of the big iron.  And Dave is right about the show being one you'll be glad you came to.  Always a lot of good relics to look at or buy.

Good time to drop off drillin' and cleanin'!!!  :)
Best,
Carl

Dave the plumber

• Email
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 05:39:39 PM »
well, Carl, I guess just you and me are going !!        To make it a good show, I'll buy something from you if you buy something from me !!    Looks like no one else will be attending........

Garret

• Email
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 05:56:08 PM »
Would love to attend that show.  If any of you see Barry Banks, tell him I said "Hi" and that I wish he still had his website running so I could still pick up good Georgia relics. 
"Suppose you were an idiot.  And suppose you were a member of Congress.  But I repeat myself."  Mark Twain

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 08:25:52 PM »
Will do. Barry was at Charleston and I got to spend a good bit of time talking to him. First time in a while even though he lives not far from me.  He seems to be doing well and getting more involved in the relic side of things again.  I think he said he would be at Dalton.
Best,
Carl

Garret

• Email
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 08:52:50 PM »
Do you know why he got out of the web sales?  Wish he would bring back the Civil War Outpost.  It was a great way to get relics from diggers digging at Dalton, New Hope Church, Resaca, etc.  Those are some great and important Western Theater battle sites and many of the soldiers who fought there went on to Sherman's March or Franklin.  Does anyone here know any other dealers selling good Georgia relics?
"Suppose you were an idiot.  And suppose you were a member of Congress.  But I repeat myself."  Mark Twain

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 10:28:30 PM »
Well, besides me, there are a few who often have relics from around here.  Burnt Hickory Relics took their site down as well.  Like with Barry it got to be too much to keep it up.  Send me a private email with your contact information that you want them to use and I'll share it with Barry, David (Burnt Hickory Relics), James Grant, and some others that often have some relics from around here.  Stone Mountain Relics also gets a lot of stuff from old diggers of the area.  Of course, there is always WildMan's Civil War and Herb Shop in Kennesaw!  Toot Toot!
Best,
Carl

speedenforcer

• Raulerson Relics
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 10:44:50 PM »
I was going to try to make it but work got in the way.
It's not always "Survival of the fitest" sometimes the idiots get through.

24thMichigan

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 04:01:38 PM »
When I retire and move closer, I intend on visiting many of those shows to explore and buy projectiles.  Civil War relic inventories are kind of slim on the west coast!  Looking forward to someday meeting all of the folks that I talk to. 

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 06:14:31 AM »
I hit the show during setup yesterday and it was good as always.  Lots of artillery projectiles, even more than usual I think, and buying and selling is brisk.  I have one overloaded Jeep Grand Cherokee hauling back literally a ton of stuff, much of which will make it onto the website in the next week or two.  Always nice to see the familiar faces and catch up with folks including quite a few forumites.   

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 10:15:52 PM »
Here is a taste of the EXCELLENT selection of artillery that could be found in Dalton.  There was over 100 projectiles at the Bullet and Shell tables.  There were a number of other tables with ample iron too some of which are also tended by forum members.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 10:21:13 PM by CarlS »
Best,
Carl

relicrunner

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2016, 04:43:33 PM »
Colorful crates!

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2016, 10:26:46 PM »