Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Skip Mayorga  (Read 5549 times)

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
Skip Mayorga
« on: October 21, 2015, 02:35:13 PM »
I heard today from Dave that our dear friend and forum member, Skip, passed away.  I was fortunate enough to have spoke to Skip on Sunday while he was in the hospital, and we had a nice chat.  Skip was truly one of the great ones in this hobby, particularly concerning Trans Mississippi bullets and the war in the West (& Arkansas football!).  More importantly he was a great friend to many of us.  I will miss him.

Selma Hunter

Re: Skip Mayorga
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 03:34:32 PM »
Godspeed, Skip.

dlw1610

• Email
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 06:02:00 PM »
I first met Skip when he lived in Virginia & did the Richmond, Fredericksburg  & Virginia Beach shows.  A true gentleman, it was an honor to know him.  Godspeed, good & faithful servant.

divedigger

• Email
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 08:17:51 PM »
sorry to hear that

Roy A

• Email
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 09:08:10 PM »
Sad to hear. I never had the pleasure of meeting him but had sent emails back and forth a few times. May he rest in peace.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 11:27:27 PM »
Very sorry to hear. I didn't know him well but only knew him casually for a number of years.  Seemed like a great guy.  My condolences to his family and friends. 
Best,
Carl

R. J. in LA

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 09:53:57 AM »
I had the pleasure of meeting Skip several years back at what was then the Nashville show (moved to Franklin). He was very knowledgeable and willing to share his knowledge will all. We kept in touch over the years and always connected after the LSU-Arkansas football game. He definitely was a good one and will be greatly missed.