Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Lunch - almost !!  (Read 3659 times)

Dave the plumber

• Email
Lunch - almost !!
« on: August 30, 2015, 06:26:54 PM »
 I was down at Wrightsviile Beach today for a swim and bodysurfing in the good waves we are having here now because of the low pressure from the storm.   So I am standing in about 4 feet of water waiting for the next wave to come.  And yup, just like on the TV shows, 2  to 3 feet in front of me shoots by this nice grey body shark without exaggeration 5 to 6 feet long.  He goes right past me and comes to the surface with that nice pectoral fin cutting through the water after he passes by. There was a lot of baitfish in the water today, he was after them. He goes out about 10 feet from me, turns and heads right back at me. Just like that scene in jaws.
   Well, I'd like to say I punched him in the nose and got him to turn away, or at least say I ran across the top of the water like the messiah to get away from him. Fact is, I froze just trying to take in this scene unfolding right in front of me. I happen to have watched one of those shark shows last night too, by the way. That didn't help
   Anyway, he gets within 2 feet of me. I could easily reach out and touch him, or he 'touch ' me for that matter. he does a quick 180 turn and heads off after  the baitfish again and leaves me with a smack and splash of his tail. I see him twisting his head and body as he jets off side to side as he is trying to grab the baitfish. Finally that fin drops below the surface....
   I decided that I had had enough swimming for a little while.

divedigger

• Email
Re: Lunch - almost !!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 06:55:26 PM »
you must'a smelled bad
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 04:39:43 PM by divedigger »

Selma Hunter

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 07:57:31 AM »
Cornsnake,

Ya'll just keep on chummin', ya heah?!

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 09:48:49 AM »
That was DiveDigger dressed as a shark and looking for relics. He figures it'll keep the other hunters away and it sounds it is working.
Best,
Carl