Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Big Trip To Wheaton  (Read 4194 times)

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
Big Trip To Wheaton
« on: April 13, 2015, 07:02:26 PM »
I'm heading tot he Wheaton Show this weekend and hope others can make it as well.  I know there are a number of forumites in the area and I'm looking forward to seeing them again.  I went two years ago and although not real big it is a nice show.   As always, it is a good time for people in the area if you want to leave with me anything for cleaning or drilling.

Also, for people with a more eastern inclination, there is a pretty good size show in Fredericksburg: The Northern Virginia Civil War Relic Show.

Both shows are Friday setup and Saturday public only.
Best,
Carl

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
Re: Big Trip To Wheaton
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 09:06:09 PM »
Looking forward to your visit, Carl.  I have some things for you to take to work on for sure.

The NVRHA Show actually is open to the public starting at Noon on Friday and then again Saturday.  Dealer setup is in the morning on Friday.  It's different in doing things that way. 

Too bad the 2 shows are at the same time this year.  There are quite a few of us from the Western theatre who would've gone to the NVRHA Show like we have in the past.  Surprisingly, there are quite a few dealers who prefer Illinois for buying, particularly guns and swords, because the prices are much better out here.

jonpatterson

• Email
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 11:47:07 AM »
Glad you decided to make the trip Carl. I will see you there.
Jon
It is history that teaches us to hope.

Robert E. Lee

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 01:14:22 AM »
I picked up an incredibly neat 13-inch mortar ball on the way up.  I'll post pics and more info when I get back home.  It spent the last 20 years in the Ft. Sill museum.

Jon: I made it to my sister's place in St Louis so I'm getting closer!  I'm looking forward to seeing you and what goodies you bring to the show.   
Best,
Carl