Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: revwarcannonballs is a faker of Civil War relics  (Read 4620 times)

scottfromgeorgia

• Email
revwarcannonballs is a faker of Civil War relics
« on: August 01, 2014, 09:38:05 PM »
revwarcannonballs, who is Rick Armstrong of Gore Virginia, is the biggest faker on eBay today. If anyone reading this has a "family letter" about a Civil War relic, it is a fake. Rick buys cheap relics and ups the price by creating fake documents about them. Or he just makes up stories about battles and regiments and artillery units, whatever he thinks people want to read.

If you have bought from Rick Armstrong, ask for your money back. Insist on it. He doesn't like to return money, but he will rather than being publicly revealed for the low life skunk he is.

Artillery currently being sold by him include:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Pounder-cannonball-Battle-of-Cross-Keys-Port-Republic-Virginia-1862-/221505803720?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3392c655c8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PORT-ROYAL-SWIVELGUN-SHOT-CAPTAIN-MORGAN-S-SCHOONER-1692-/221511759895?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3393213817

divedigger

• Email
Re: revwarcannonballs is a faker of Civil War relics
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 08:19:00 AM »
thanks for the heads up

dlw1610

• Email
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 10:51:18 AM »
Sorry so & so has been around for years & even made up his own Confederate ancestor & alleges to be a retired Air Force General.

alwion

• Email
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 09:12:30 AM »
Unfortunately he's not the only one. buy the Item not the story. i've many time seen an item with a letter of authenticity, or related history, and the item is many times  much later. Sometimes a family actually makes the mistake unknowingly when digging in grandpa's trunk, IE civil war letter and a bayonet (made in 1918) and they just don't know better, but there is alot of people selling with no scruples, not just on ebay. I've seen his listings, and just passed them buy. Unfortunately, ebay doesn't really care or have the time to police it all.

CanisterD

• gottbott@embarqmail.com
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 12:18:56 AM »
Wonder how many of 'us' he has stung? He 'got' me 10-12 yrs ago selling canister shots, dug from some rare unknown coastal battery. I think he said the shot had been cast on site, with the mold carved out of a block of coral with a spoon handle and grampa's gold tooth. ( I think he buried them in a garbage can in his driveway, poured it full of sand and salt water, and went 'south' for the winter. )  When I questioned the sandy, green color, he would not offer a refund, something about company policy with his partner ... which may have been his wife or his dog ( maybe one and the same? ) but would offer credit if I wanted to exchange them for something else 'on his list'.  I passed on that deal.  Still have them in my bsmt somewhere, come across them once every couple of years, and get pissed all over again.  Think I'll load them into a tube someday, and launch them at a target with his picture on it.    D