Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Who is going to the Richmond VA relic show on July 19-20?  (Read 6570 times)

Pete George

• Email
Who is going to the Richmond VA relic show on July 19-20?
« on: July 17, 2014, 01:49:14 PM »
  I'll be there with my usual sales-table of civil war artillery shells and other relics. Steve Sylvia told me his is planning to put my table right next to the tables of our fellow forum-members  Dave Kornely and Carl Sitherwood.

I've heard from 6lbgun that he has already arrived in Richmond form the show. Who else from the forum will be there?

Regards,
Pete 

Roy A

• Email
Re: Who is going to the Richmond VA relic show on July 19-20?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 03:29:54 PM »
I'll be there Saturday morning.

Daveslem

• Email
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 05:46:08 PM »
Good luck, guys. Maybe next year. Would really like to see the display of Confederate belt plates being assembled. Supposed to be the largest gathering of CS plates since Appomattox .
Later,
Dave Slemmer

dlw1610

• Email
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 02:26:56 PM »
I'll be there Saturday morning!

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 11:01:57 PM »
Nice time today.  Saw Pete, Trader Sean, Dave the Plumber and a couple others.  Had a very nice dinner with eMike, 6gun, RelicRunner and a friend.  Looking forward to a great day on Saturday.  Dave has more artillery shells than I think his tables can hold!
Best,
Carl

redbob

• Email
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 08:46:40 AM »
Go get them boys, it's Christmas in July.

R. J. in LA

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 11:26:58 AM »
Sounds like it'll be a great show. Carl, although not CW projectile related, would you mind posting a pic, or sending the pic to my private email if this is too off topic, of the CS plate display at this show? Thanks, R. J.

divedigger

• Email
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 08:09:13 AM »
that will require a lot of pictures!!

Lamar

• Email
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 04:11:15 PM »
Sounds like it'll be a great show. Carl, although not CW projectile related, would you mind posting a pic, or sending the pic to my private email if this is too off topic, of the CS plate display at this show? Thanks, R. J.

While you're waiting on those pictures (I hope some are coming), here's a poor substitute - pictures of my latest acquisitions -

Yeah, they look like cheap fakes, and the top one is a fantasy buckle - but they were used in Gone with the Wind.

(Maybe that's where Nick Adams (Johnny Yuma) in the series The Rebel got his!)

« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 05:25:19 PM by Lamar »

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 05:06:58 PM »
If you were over by Cold Harbor, you should've stopped in Lamar. 

I had a nice, albeit very busy and short, time at the show but left yesterday afternoon.  Seemed foot traffic was pretty slow after the opening onrush.  In addition to the folks Carl mentioned, we also saw DiveDigger and his sidekick Eric, Col. Biemick, and SCV1813 from the forum.  The CS buckles were terrific, but I did not take any pictures of them.  I like the way a couple of the buckle collectors had theirs framed and I may have to copy them.

Roy A

• Email
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2014, 11:39:21 PM »
I had a good time at the show on Saturday, managed to pick up a few needed bullets including a bunch on wishing well ones from Dean T.
Introduced myself to Peter George and a few of the other guys from here, but saying hi to a few at once, I forgot names.

I hope everyone else there had a good time/did well.

CarlS

• Administrator
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 08:39:18 AM »
Very sorry to report that while I did see the massive buckle collection I did not get any images.  I suspect without a doubt that Steve Sylvia will have taken a good deal of images to use in a future NSTCW article.  Perhaps he'll even post a teaser here if he can get Nancy to handle the technical aspects of it.  :)

We had a great time at the show.  As always good to see Mike and many other friends there.  A number of the artillery guys such as DavethePlumber, 6lbgun, Pete, RelicRunner, and some other non-forumites were grouped in he same area and got to spend a lot of time chewing the fat.     I took a couple images at my table that I'll post later when I have a few minutes.  As Mike said the show traffic was very slow which might have been due to the beautiful weather prompting many people to spend their day on outdoor endeavors or on vacation before school starts back.  But the ones there seemed to be buying.
Best,
Carl

R. J. in LA

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 09:42:13 AM »
Carl, understand and no problem about not getting pics of that massive buckle collection. Happy to hear the folks at the show were buying. Thanks.