Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: how cold is it ????  (Read 8628 times)

Pete George

• Email
Re: how cold is it ????
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 01:03:14 AM »
 At present it is 9 degrees Fahrenheit here in the Richmond area. I wish Global Warming was actually happening, instead of being just leftwinger propaganda.  Yes, I know the recent Polar Vortexes are just weather, not climate. But even the UN's IPCC (International Panel of Climate Change) recently had to admit that Global Warming stopped 16 years ago.

Some of y'all here are old enough to remember that in the mid-1970s the Climate Scientists were predicting that another Ice Age was starting.  For you younger guys, check the archives of Time magazine and Newsweek magazine, if you don't believe me. You could also Google-search terms such as the "Medieval Warming Period" (it was very important to the Viking Settlements in Greenland) and "Little Ice Age" and "Maunder Minimum."  In actual fact, Science shows the earth is indeed more than a little overdue for its next Ice Age. So, y'all do your best to get acclimated to the frigid temperatures you are experiencing now.

Regards,
Pete

pipedreamer65

• Email
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 07:19:31 AM »
A pleasant 7 degrees here in western NC this morning. 

redbob

• Email
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 08:21:11 AM »
A balmy 6 degrees in Birmingham, but hope springs eternal with a projected high of 42. My wife may get home from work yet.

R. J. in LA

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 10:50:49 AM »
Udate, early this morning it was 21 degrees here in Lafayette, LA but the high is supposed to be 53 degrees and we'll be mild until the latter part of next week.

Terry, with a little more of this frigid weather, the beavers will be ice skating on your pond instead of swimming in it!  :)  Good photo!

R. J.

Selma Hunter

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2014, 11:55:56 AM »
Woke up here in "Mental Hill", NC to a cosy 11 f this AM.  It warmed up to a searing 33 f yesterday.  Glad I can hibernate with a bed full of cats.  Am not planning to go out again until Dr. appt on the 18th and the Salisbury Relic Show on the 21st and 22nd.  Expect a high of 34 f again then we will have 60+ temps by Sunday.  Global Warming?  LOLOL!

Anybody with modern .36 or .44 BP (ball or conical) to sell in any quantity please let me know.  I hope to burn some powder this spring.

Cheers. 

Pete George

• Email
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 12:12:49 PM »
Update to my 12:44AM post:
  At 7:30AM, the temperature here in the Richmond VA area was 1 degree above zero (Fahrenheit).

emike123

• Administrator
    • Bullet and Shell
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2014, 08:44:59 PM »
I couldn't stand it anymore in Chicago and headed South to San Antonio where it nudged 80 today.  Met up with forumite Bryan on the Riverwalk and later took this shot in front of the Alamo.  The area around the Alamo is much nicer than I remembered it from 20 years or so ago on my last visit.  The Alamo itself is a free visit and they even have some cannons and cannon balls on display inside!

Garret

• Email
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2014, 04:29:42 AM »
Nice picture Mike.  I'll be an ass and say that it's 70 here in Hawaii.  And it's nice and sunny too with a cool breeze. 
"Suppose you were an idiot.  And suppose you were a member of Congress.  But I repeat myself."  Mark Twain