Bullet and Shell Civil War Projectiles Forum

Author Topic: Dead Cat Strikes Again !!??  (Read 3018 times)

Dave the plumber

• Email
Dead Cat Strikes Again !!??
« on: November 30, 2013, 06:18:48 PM »
    I'm sure you remember my posting about a month back about the fella digging a hole to bury his wife's old dead cat and he dug up a 30 lb Parrott..........   well......
      you ain't gonna believe this story. I don't make this s**t up !!  I promise.......
       I run into my old next door neighbor today from when I lived a little bit north of Wilmington. He starts saying how he was just thinking of me yesterday, knowing that I collect Civil War stuff. 
       He says, " my wife's cat died and I was digging a hole in the back yard.......  I start thinking- no -no freakin way, this can't be happening again!! He goes on to say he dug up a bayonet and scabbard parts !!   
      Tomorrow I'm getting rid of my 4 dogs and going down to the shelter and taking home every old, feeble, senile cat they have. I'm gonna sell my detector and just sit on these old geriatric cats until they roll !!  Start diggin' holes and planting them in the backyard.  Maybe then I'll find that CS tongue and wreath buckle that is out there with my name on it........!!!!

ETEX

Re: Dead Cat Strikes Again !!??
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 06:28:35 PM »
I want first chance at any 577 Fagan's and Long Tom Greens you may dig up. If you need stuff to bury I will shoot you as many wild hawgs as you can dig holes for. :-\

Dr. Beach

Re: Dead Cat Strikes Again !!??
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 08:01:13 PM »
Dave, my research shows you to be correct.  Here is what happened when a British couple buried their not completely dead cat too near a shell with a Tice Concussion Fuse (now, how that fused shell found its way to England is not important now):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6hJIXOiTEI